How to spot a Meth Lab | 15 Signs your Property has been used as a Meth lab
Posted on 09 September, 2017
How to spot a Meth Lab | 15 Signs your Property has been used as a Meth Lab
How do you spot a meth lab? Most of us don’t even think about your rented property or new home ever being used as a meth lab.
However did you know statistics show the use of short-term rented accommodation and warehouses for making meth is on the rise and shows no signs of stopping?
Here at PHJ Services, we are experienced in Meth lab Clean up and have even seen situations where properties have been used for this purpose; and knowing neighbours have been frightened to raise it with local authorities because they feel their safety is at risk.
So do you know how to tell if your property has been used as a Meth lab?
In this blog, we take you through 15 tell-tale signs that it has.
15 Signs how to spot a Meth Lab
- #1 How to spot a meth lab – Odours – Strong odours like urine, acetone, solvents, ammonia, or other chemicals are signifiers that your place has been used as a clandestine drug lab;
- #2 How to spot a meth lab – Used Coffee Filters – The process of making meth can use coffee filters to filter out to crystal meth so this is a sign that your property may have been used for meth labs;
- #3 How to spot a meth lab – Wall Stains – If there is chemical staining on walls, floors and ceilings. These chemical stains will look similar to nicotine stains and be sticky, with a yellow residue;
- #4 How to spot a meth lab – Baking dishes with residue – if there are baking dishes that contain a white crystalline substance, it is very possible this is some of the equipment that has been used to make meth, ice, base, crystal meth, P, pure, Tik, or Speed;
- #5 How to spot a meth lab – Jars with white rubber tubing – If there are jars or containers that have white rubber tubing these could have been used to hold ingredients used to make meth;
- #6 How to spot a meth lab – Multi-layered liquids – If there are multi layered liquids in jars, these may be highly volitile and you should immediately call us so we can check it out and make sure you and your property is safe;
- #7 How to spot a meth lab – Check your garden – if there are disturbed vegetation or stained soils – for example burned grass patches where bi-products of making meth (chemicals) have been dumped, this is another sign your place has been used as a clandestine drug lab;
- #8 How to spot a meth lab – Laboratory equipment – If there is laboratory glassware and equipment around the place, this is an obvious sign of illegal activity;
- #9 How to spot a meth lab – Visitors for short periods – if there are numerous visitors staying for short periods, or vehicles coming and going all hours of the day and night; this could be a sign there is clandistine activity at your property
- #10 How to spot a meth lab – Windows – Windows always covered with curtains, blinds, drapes or other covering that fully blocks the window. Suspicious? Yes!;
- #11 How to spot a meth lab – Surveillance systems – have new surveillance systems been installed? This could be a sign something illegal has been going on;
- #12 How to spot a meth lab – Lookouts – is there always someone on the look-out at the property?;
- #13 How to spot a meth lab – Lack of Access – Are you struggling to get access to your property? This could be a sign there is something suspicious going on indoors;
- #14 How to spot a meth lab – Empty Packaging – if there is a lot of empty boxes or pill packets this could be a sign there’s been a high amount of ingredients that have been assembled to make meth in your home or commercial property;
- #15 How to spot a meth lab – Empty Chemical drums or containers – making meth requires the use of chemicals – these often come in drums or specially marked chemical containers. If these are left lying around, this is another good sign that your house, apartment or warehouse may have been used as a meth lab.
Our Certifications to clean up Meth Labs
Here at PHJ Services we are professional, certified meth lab cleaners on the Gold Coast.
It is very important to get the professionals in because if not done properly the bi-products are cancer causing, can damage organs, give birth defects to unborn children, could induce severe headaches or other health issues.
We have been trained in safe Meth Lab clean up and can help you.
Call us on the number shown or chat with us 24-7 live on the site by clicking on the box